Rules & Instructions
This is very simple logical game. Program will generate a 4-digit random number and what you have to do is to try guessing this number correctly in minimum number of attemps.
Since it is not a magical or trick game, there are some simplifications and rules so that one can play this game and guess the number in one lifetime..
- No digit is repeated. For Example, 2588 is an invalid number. Even this simplification can produce over 150 thousand combinations.
- Whenever you guess a number, you will be given information about number of digits at correct position and number of digits at wrong position in this 4-digit number. (Though Actual number is not given)
- Based on this information, try entering another number effectively to guess intelligently.
- One should take no more than 7 attemps to guess the number
Understanding Button Interface
- One can start or reset the game by clicking Start button.
- To enter a number, click on the Calculator interface and press Enter.
- To delete the number without entering it, press Clear Button. This will clear number.
- If you find it very difficult to guess the number, Press Giveup.
Understanding Display Output
- Two output displays have been provided to give the results and information during play.
- LCD display
- Another is Text base Display. Text base display is very simple and self explainatory.
- There are four groups in LCD display
- Attempts: It displays total number of attempts from the start of the current game.
- R: It displays the total number of digits at correct position in the entered number.
- W: It displays the total number of digits at incorrect position in the entered number.
- Number: This field displays the current number, being entered.
For more questions, please contact me!!